August 9, 2012

Midweek Throwdown: Kids Cards


Happy Friday!!!!!

Today I have joined another cause , it is for our heros to send home to their children and it is called Kids Cards!!
Over at Operations Write Home they are challenging us to make these cards and it can be their own children or young people who write to them. ( Note * You can send any type of card to the soldiers, you don't have to be part of a challenge)
 I am so happy I came upon this site, they are doing such an amazing service sending out thousands of cards to soldiers , bless their hearts for all their hard work.

If you would like to make a card go here!!!!!http://operationwritehome.org/midweek-throwdown-kids-cards/

Here is the card and envelope I made , it is so nice to be a small part of something sooooooooo big.


I rarely ever use my own digitals but this one was perfect! ( I think it is because I am not good with alcohol pens yet, hehe)... On the Pennant it says UR in my heart, I used Nikki Sivils paper which I loveeeeeeeeee!  It is hard to see but there is a heart and I used black twine to add a double bow to it.



This is the inside of the card






Here is an origami Envelope I made , it was also made with Nikki Sivil's paper!







This picture is to show the inside of the envelope, Nikki Sivil's papers are all 2 sided which makes this envelope so perfect, a little girl would love to receive this, I know I would have!




All together it says:

 " Sending Smiles Across The Miles , Happy Birthday and U R in my heart.

The soldiers are in our hearts.


I have entered this card into Little Scrap Piece: Fun Friday, the theme is Birthday!!!
Better late than never, I think a new challenge will be posted today, go here to check it out.


Have a great day and I hope you can participate!!!!

4 comments:

Pat N. said...

What an adorable card! Thanks for sharing it at Little Scrap Pieces.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You rocked Nikki's papers on this card!!! And it's sooooooooooo cute with the little doggy!!!! I love it!!

Wendy L said...

Great card. A cause so close to my heart. I used to send shoe boxes full og goodies for the soldiers when I lived in UK but cant do it here, such a shame, I always put lovely cards in for them too so they could send home to their loved ones. xxxx

Karen said...

just an adorable little birthday card love the colors so bright and cheeful and for a most wonderful cause! thank you so much for joining my challenge this week Karen!

FOLD OVER BOX - Video Tutorial and Written Instructions

Hello! Today I am sharing with you how to make a "Fold Over Box",  a tutorial by Liz Walker Combine gift and card in o...

You may also like...