August 16, 2012

Niffty Fiffty's "Daddyo"


Happy Thursday!!!

Well I finally did it, I made a masculine card that I actually like and am proud of...if you have been following me you know that this is my biggest challenge in card making which I know is also for many of you.

This card was made for my friend's father's birthday using Nifty Fifty's Cricut Cartridge, (I am so in love with everything on this cartridge)
I pop dotted the guitars and sentiment as you will see in the second photo.

To add strings to the guitar:

  • Cut a piece of card stock the length of the guitar
  • Add a blob of white paint to a piece of scrap paper
  • Spread the paint in a horizontal line
  • Using only the edge of the paper, dip in paint
  • Add to guitar!



Have a great day!

6 comments:

jessica said...

This is so much fun!!! love the cuts and dimension on the guitar

Nana said...

Fun card. Love the little present looks so cute.

Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
Email Me

Christina Griffiths said...

Really neat card and a very male one too...I struggle with cards for men ... why can't they like flowers and ribbons ... I would have NO problems then xxx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhh you rocked it girl!!! I am LOVING that guitar!!!

marlene said...

Oh what a cute card just perfect for lots of people
thanks marlene

Kathy E said...

Great card, Naomi; I love the dimensional aspect of the guitar, and how you did the strings with paint!

FOLD OVER BOX - Video Tutorial and Written Instructions

Hello! Today I am sharing with you how to make a "Fold Over Box",  a tutorial by Liz Walker Combine gift and card in o...

You may also like...