October 31, 2012

Sunshine Award (Beware, profound)



 Hello my sweet blogger friends,


First I want to let you all know that my digital online store is live!!!!!   I would love for you to visit just to let me know what you think of it, (I am certainly not asking that you buy anything) .. I am just so excited it is done and want you to share in my excitement... I worked 9 hours straight on it yesterday determined to fix the technical issues with it..
 I still have a few small things to work out and I am asking that if you do notice anything wrong, please let me know... I already know about the butterfly covering part of the first sentence on the home page and there is a few broken links, let me know and thanks to you who already made me aware, I appreciate it.



Now for today!

 I am so excited and honored to have received an award for my blog! It is called the Sunshine award and was given to me from the wonderful talented Karon  over at Karon's crafty corner   Thank you Karon!!!!



 




(I get to pay it forward!:-) eeeek!



Here are the rules:

1. Include award logo in blog post.
2. Thank the blogger who gave it to you and include a link back to them.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself, that you have made up yourself.
4. Nominate 10-12 bloggers and contact them at their blog site to inform them.
 

 Question 1:


What do you do when you are not crafting, drawing digitals or building a website?

The real answer would be flat out on the couch watching Dr. Oz, Ellen or Mike and Molly....  but lets not get too real, hehe... I love to visit with my friends , talk on the phone or get really silly with Michael... I have at least 20 different voices I use doing different characters. I rarely ever leave the house which I am working on.

What is your favorite color combo?
Red , White and Blue

Question 3:

What do you like best about blogger world?

The sincere and genuine friendships that I have developed and are constantly in contact with through email, you know who you are!

Question 4:

What do you like least about Blogger world?


 I don't have enough time to visit all the friends I want everyday... I spend close to 2 hours a day commenting so if I miss yours one day, I will be there in the next couple of days or make up for it when I do!


Question 6

What is your biggest passion in life?  (Getting profound )

My biggest passion is spiritual growth:

To work on the little things rather than the big so it is not so overwhelming;
To be more aware of my actions and how it effects others rather it be good or bad.
To be aware of guild rather it be over food or a response in a bad situation.

( Here is a little story that changed how I viewed  holding onto guilt)

When we pray and ask God to forgive us, God puts up a sign that says "NO FISHING" in the sea of forgetfulness... So in other words if God can forgive and forget, why do we get stuck at forgiving ourselves? If we forgave ourselves we wouldn't have guilt.

Question 7

What do other bloggers not know about you?

Before being diagnosed I was a singer, Guitar player, music composer, lyric composer (written over 400 songs), and I taught Guitar lessons and played and sang all over PEI.. I also had a contract with RCA Records!  ( Yeah, I blew it but it certainly worked out for the best)

Question 8

What are your favorite card making tools?
The embosser, Grand Calibur and Stamps!!! Did I mention stamps!

Question 9

Who are you inspired by most?

Christina from www.flowersribbonsandpearls.blogspot.com

Question 10

Why did you start blogging?

I started blogging because I was diagnosed with MS and I needed something to do to take my mind of all the pain and challenges.. Michael was diagnosed the same month with Autism.... I gained strength, ambition and let my creativity flow which freed my mind!
 Last year I was diagnosed with Fibromyalsia so in other words I sit in the "Unknown" territory but  blogging and having friends like you inspire me (really inspire me!!!) By nature I am a positive person but having all this extra positivity in my life in bloggy land helps me deal with the physical pain, mentally I am free which is half the battle! 



Here are my nominations for this Sunshine Award!

Christina- Flowers, Ribbons and Pearls
Jessica - Chick and Scrap
Julie - Life with the Wolek Clan
Migdalia- Creating with Creative M
Karen- Kaleidoscope sparkles
Carrie - Doubleclick Connections- A busy bee
Kristan- Babycakes
Lisa - A mermaids craft
yyam- Do more with less
Sherrie- Sherrie scraps with Passion


I also wanted to add Karon , my amazing talented friend who nominated me but I know too well she will not want to do this twice in two days, hahahahaha   I also have so many more amazing friends that I would have loved to have included.




Have a super fantastic day!!!!!!!!!







15 comments:

jessica said...

Congrats on your award....it is so well deserved! You are such a sweet and wonderfully talented blogger! Someone I am glad to call my friend! Thanks for sharing a little more about yourself! It is always so fun to get a glimpse into the person behind the computer!
You are so sweet to be passing it along to me as well...Thanks so much!!
Have a GREAT day and thanks again :)

Karons Krafty Korner said...

Fabulous Q and A Naomi and thanks;-). You so deserve this award and its so good to slowly be getting to know you. Hugs, Karon.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Congrats on the award (and the site!!) I loved reading more about you and didn't know that you were a singer! That is AWESOME!!!!!! Thanks for gifting me with the award too!! I appreciate it!!!! :) Happy Halloween!!!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Naomi so nice to know more about you..my admiration for you has increased a thousand fold..you are so courageous and brave.God bless both you and sweet Michael. I will go have a look at your website.Am having computer issues so am dropping in irregularly these days

Dr Sonia S V said...

Naomi the website is fabulous...a big congrats.A few points apart from the ones you already said..Contemplate watermarking across your images as the way it is it can be saved and used.There are many unscrupulous people out there who do that!
Wish you all the best my friend.I dont stamp much as I am atrocious at coloring but your images are cute and sweet just like you!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your award! You are a sweet & talented blogger. I am blessed that you are my friend. I love your new site. I had some trouble with Firefox just on the Holiday page but I didn't have any trouble with Google Chrome. Just an FYI. Lotsa Love~Patti

Lisa said...

Congratulations on your so-deserved award my sweet friend and thank you so much for thinking of me!! I will add this to my blog with pride!! You are amazing and so brave and courageous and an inspiration!! I'm so thankful I met you in blogland!! You are so special and it's people like you that make blogging worthwhile!! Big HUGS!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

thank you so much!! I will be sure to pass the award one (i have a few questions written out but really need to think about it!!
Kristan

Migdalia said...

Congrats on your well deserved Award my friend,
As I was reading ansd got to Q6 and read the word getting profound,I stopped and took a deep breath and said ok now I a ready...WOW!!You remind me alot of my sister: You are Amazing,inspirational,loving,kind,strong and no matter what, you always smile just like Michael.You are positive and spiritual,but I already knew that of you.I thank the lord for guiding me into bloggie world and allowing me to get to know you and your heart.Thank you also, for allowing me to get to know more of you through your Q & A.Thank you for passing on this wonderful award and I will be working on my Q&A.Thanks for thinking of me..:-)
Sending my bloggie love and heart to you and Michael,
Migdalia

Angela Crafty Spot said...

Congratulations on your store and on your award!! I also wanted to let you know that I post a few pictures of my craft room on my blog. I have been so busy that I haven't even been on the computer much the last week. I will send you an email in the next day or so!! Good luck on the new store!!
Angela

Sherrie K. said...

Congratulations Naomi on this so deserved award!! I am so honored and so touched you thought to pass it over to me. You are amazing, talented and such a great person and so glad to call your my friend! I really like this award because it gives us all a chance to get to know each other just a bit more...thanks again for passing it to me.
Have a great evening my friend!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Congrats on your award, and sharing such fun/personal/interesting facts about you!
And thanks for passing it along to me!

I emailed you did you get it?
Email me at abusybee24atyahoodot com

Hugs
Carri!

Em Louise Fairley said...

Naomi, LOVE ya girl! You're so strong and inspirational! HUGE congrats on the award, so richly deserved! Hugs xoxox

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your award and I checked out your new online store and I think its wonderful. It is easy to navigate and its easy on the eyes, you chose nice colors, like here on your blog, its you. I like the butterfly, even covering the words, it gives it character! Tech stuff is the hard part for me, but I just keep trying to learn it to make my blog better. You do a great job. Thanks for sharing. Have a great day.

Karen said...

My sweet and amazing friend, it was SUCH an honor reading this post! Any moment I learn more about what makes you YOU is a moment that I treasure. :o) Your heart is truly beautiful and I am forever thankful to be a small part of your life. :o) Your Q&A was certainly the best I've seen.. you let it get deep in spots, which is always admirable. :o) I love getting to know you better. Thank you so much for passing this beautiful award along to me!!! I am honored! Thank you for brightening up my night. :o) In case you miss my post, I want to apologize for being so delayed in visiting you. I was away from Blogger but am happy to be back now. I'll finish catching up with you tomorrow.. I see there is much beauty waiting for me. :o) Lots of love to you, Michael, and Troy!

Hugs and blessings!

FOLD OVER BOX - Video Tutorial and Written Instructions

Hello! Today I am sharing with you how to make a "Fold Over Box",  a tutorial by Liz Walker Combine gift and card in o...

You may also like...