October 27, 2012

Update on Michael's Surgery and Christmas Card


Hello!

First of all I am so happy to say I am at my best! Totally symptom free and energized. Thank you all for your support and prayers.

Michael's Update:
 As you know Michael's surgery was scheduled for November but there has been a big change. After the Doctor had looked at Michael's x-rays there is more going on that has yet to be investigated.

They will do a sedated MRI to check his spine because one foot is showing 20 years worth of damage as well as his leg. They suspect it is to do with the communication from the spine to the brain to the feet... it was the same with his bowel.

The doctor also noted that Michael has a very high threshold for pain as this kind of damage rarely goes on without complaints. Michael doesn't  complain but I have seen him struggle to walk if he were on his feet too long at school, especially after Gym class.

The Sedated MRI unfortunately is a ways off , the doctor said there was an 8 month wait but it could be sooner. I will be keeping all of Michael's cards that were sent for that time... (I can't help but want to look as you could imagine! but I won't, hehe)You are all like family to me , it is an amazing feeling to go through this knowing you were all praying and thinking of us!! You will never know how much it means to me.. seriously, it runs deep.


Today I want to show you a simple Christmas card I made, I am doing a whole collection of simple ones which I will show the rest of this week.

 Most of this card was made from stamping, even the flowers! (I stamped flowers on red metallic paper using black stazon ink, fussy cut them , then layered them adding a sparkly green jewel in the center of the top flower.)
I also added a green jewel to the middle of the word joy and the mini chevron image was embossed
   
 
 
 

 
 

Also I will be showing pictures of our trip to Halifax!!! We did so well for being so exausted and managed to have many laughs.. what I really liked was I had a peace deep down inside considering the circumstances...I am sooo grateful. Here are some pictures of our trip:  




It was dark when we got on the boat, we got to watch the sun rise!





Michael being silly... he has a facination with gloves!!!! We once bought him a Mickey plush and he wanted to take the gloves off, hahahaha..( that didn't go over well, lol )



Hospital playground


A park we found in Halifax, It was awesome!



View from Hospital , level 5.5 parking




 
 

x-ray


I told him he was a silly goofer guts and he started laughing and made me repeat it 8 times, lol

  

 Have a fantastic day!


15 comments:

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

well i am glad that you are feeling better! Hopefully it is sooner then 8 months for the MRI, does that mean he can't have surgery until after that?? great card, very pretty!! Love the pics of the trip!
Kristan

Unknown said...

Thanks Kristan, sadly yes , he won't be able to have surgery until after the MRI..they don't want to operate now and realize after he has the MRI there is a bigger problem that has to be dealt with a different way... it is good that they are protecting Michael from having to go through any more than he has to...although the longer the wait, the more damage to his feet.. catch 22???

Karons Krafty Korner said...

So glad to hear that you are feeling better Naomi. Bad news about the wait for the MRI, is there a cancellation list at all? Hope in the mean time that things don't get too bad for Michael. Have a great weekend, Hugs, Karon.

jessica said...

Thanks so much for the update on Michael and for sharing those fun pictures of him!! So sorry about the change in plans on his end and hoping you will be able to get an appointment sooner!
Love the beautiful Christmas card!! Simply gorgeous!!!

Em Louise Fairley said...

Oh Naomi, I hate that you're all having to wait so long. I'm so glad that you're feeling better in yourself! You are so strong girl, and please know you and the family are always in my prayers. The card is gorgeous! Hugs my sweet friend xxx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sorry that you are having to wait longer! I love love love love your card .... loving all that red!!!! And love love loveeeeeeeeeeeee all the photos of Michael!!! What a total sweetie!!!!

Wendy L said...

Hi Naomi, Back in Spain now and due home to our house on monday. So glad you are feeling happier and cuddle to Michael, such a brave boy. Pics are good and I love your card too. xxxx

Migdalia said...

Hi Naomi,last night I went to bed thinking about you and Michael.I said to myself that if you did not post today ,I would email privately just to say Hi and I hope that everything is going well.Funny thing...I was thinking of you and you went to my blog and commented because I have not posted since Monday..Isn't that amazing.I am fine just a little lazy...LOL...but I am working on some projects for this week.I am sad for the waiting period but happy that you are feeling better.Love that you shared the Pictures of Micheal.Only Angels smile like that.:-)Oh!Your christmas card is GORGEOUS!!I am on your Christmas Cards list?..LOL..
Sending a HUGE amount of Hugs,Prayers and Bloggie Love to you and Michael,
Your Friend,
Migdalia

Karen said...

My dear Naomi, I am thrilled you are feeling so much better! As for sweet Michael, I am sorry about this unexpected turn. But you know what? Miracles happen every single day and this delay could very well be a positive. Let us keep faithfully praying and believing for him.. that his feet and body will grow stronger instead of giving place to thoughts of the opposite. :o)

On Wednesday I randomly received an email from a woman named Mary who says she enjoys my blog. In the message she told me how the Lord healed her from a stroke and from a blood clot by her brain. In one day, it was gone. One touch of grace. These beautiful stories happen all the time and your dear Michael (and YOU) will be healed by faith. :o)

I giggled when you mentioned peeking at the cards.. unfortunately I put both of your cards in the same box I made for protection! Ooops. To get yours, you'll have to see a tiny peek of Michael's... but just pretend you didn't. Or have Troy open it! Hehe. Sorry about that. ;) Lots of loving going out to you!

Hugs and blessings!

Karen said...

Ooops... I *think* in all that rambling I forgot to tell you how gorgeous your card is! Teehee! All of the stamping is beautiful and I love the entire design. Know what else I love? All of the pictures of Michael!!! I'm so glad you posted them. You are such a wonderful mom to him, which is helping him through everything. :o)

Hugs and blessings!

yyam said...

Such a lovely card.
Glad you are feeling better.
Stay positive. Michael's a fighter. :)

Lisa said...

I am so glad you are feeling better my friend. I am saying prayers that you don't have to wait the 8 months for Michael's MRI. The pictures you posted of him are absolutely adorable!! What a sweet boy!! And your card is gorgeous!! I love the flowers and all of the stamping!! I hope you are rested from the trip and that you have a great weekend!! HUGS!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

katieo said...

Great pictures of your little boy. Inside and out. I hope you don't have to wait 8 months. Michael sounds like a brave guy. I sent a card out on Friday. You do amazing things with flowers. I was browsing through your blog and I am in awe of yur floral projects

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Sweet photos! I am sending my thought and prayers! Great card too! Carri~Abusybee

Deer Me Papercrafts said...

hi naomi...so sorry to hear about the delay....i have cards here for michael that i got the kids to make him plus mine.....but somewhere along the line with my phone playing up the email you sent me with you address has gone missing....could you please send itagain...kec812@hotmail.com......thankyou and sorry for the inconvenience....Kerry-Ann...xxxxxxxx

FOLD OVER BOX - Video Tutorial and Written Instructions

Hello! Today I am sharing with you how to make a "Fold Over Box",  a tutorial by Liz Walker Combine gift and card in o...

You may also like...