February 22, 2013

Easter Card "Hoppin Easter" using San's Design's

Happy Friday!!!!
 
 
Can you believe the weekend is here already! I am excited because I plan on taking Michael out to make that snowman that didn't work out last time, lol If you have been following my post you know what I mean, hehe!
 
 
Today I am super excited to share a card that I made with San's Designs digital stamps but first let me introduce you to
 
San! (Susanne Nyman)
 San is thirty something as written in her bio, hahahaha... (I laughed when I read that). She has a 3 year old son and a hubby, she is from Nyköping, Sweden and loves to create a whole array of digital designs ranging from elegant, fun to just plain cute!
 
 
Visit San's Blog HERE
Visit San's store HERE
 
I have had the pleasure scoping out San's Store and I bought "Flower Bunny"!! Here is the card I made with this adorable digital.
 
Eeek! isn't he adorable!!!!  I am so in love with his big ears and feet and those flowers are gorgeous!!
I printed "flower bunny" out on blue swiss dot, Paper Made Bakery pattern paper and white cardstock. I then paper pierce this image with the exception of the rock walkway and flowers which I used Spectrum Noir alcohol pens!

I added white acrylic paint and glossy accents to her cheeks and to the flowers.. I love how her bow turned out!

 
 
 This is a side on view to show off the glossy accents on the flowers
 
 
I came upon San Designs about 3 weeks ago and completely fell in love with her blog and store and had noticed she was having a DT call!
SOOOOOOO!!!
I have decided to apply! (Cross all your fingers and toes for me ok??)
  
What I LOVE is San knows what she wants and you can get that just from reading the directions of applying for her team.  I sense San's strong leadership and believe she  wouldn't take her members for granted seeing she clearly states that this is something she doesn't want.  We all have been part of design teams but do you get out of them what you had expected such as continual communication, support from team members?? I believe San's team will be led to do just that! I really want to be part of this team to help support San's digital designs, after all I do know what that is about being a digital artist and all! I want all of you to come to know San and to make your magic happen with her beautiful creations. (Show her what your made off! (That is something I tell Michael every morning when he leaves for school, show them what your made off, go gettem tiger! hehe!,are you crossing your fingers yet?!!)
 
 
Products Used:
 Flower Bunny - San's Design
papers from Paper Made Bakery Kit
Spellbinders Scalloped squares
White and pattern cardstock
Sm. Rosettes
light blue feather
Pink Antique Ranger Ink
Sentiment typed out in Microsoft office word
then printed.
Glossy Accents
White Acrylic paint
quilling tool (to make paper swirls)
Candy
 
 
 
 How I made this card:
 
(This card is bigger than I usually make for I want to make a box for it.)
 
Cut card at  7" by 11"
 
For the background I used a 6"by 6" pattern paper from Paper Made Bakery's 6" by 6" paper pad then used my corner punch to cut all four corners of both the card base and background.
 
Cut a strip of pattern paper 1.5 " by 6" , this will be the strip you see behind the lg. scalloped square.
Now just add the rest of the embellies in the product list !
 
 
Have a super terrific day!!!!
(crossing your fingers? LOL)
 
 
 
 
 


11 comments:

ike said...

Fabulous little bunny and a lovely card. The glossy accents are great and I LUV that bow. Fabbo :-) I wish you loads of luck with San's DT :-D xxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Oh Naomi~I DO hope that you make the DT!!! That is a lovely image & card. I will try to send you an e-mail telling you where I have been. Hugs My Sister & Friend~Patti

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is soooooooooooo cute cute cute!!! I love love love that bunny!!!

Lisa said...

What an awesome card!! That little bunny is so sweet!! I love the image!! The colors are beautiful!! Fabulous job my friend!! Happy Friday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

jessica said...

I LOVE your adorable card Naomi and you did an awesome job with that CUTE image!!! You would make an awesome addition to the DT!!! Fingers crossed for you my friend!!!!
Thanks so much for sharing and have a GREAT Friday!!

katieo said...

Good luck on the DT spot. I visited San's blog, amazing work. It is really cool how you guys used the same image and both got beautiful results. Have fun with Michael.
Katie

Karon said...

Fabulous card - love the little buuny. Good luck with your DT application :-) Enjoy snowman building with Michael and have a great weekend.

Sherrie K. said...

Super adorable card Naomi!! The bunny is so sweet-love the colors!
Happy Friday!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

Well you certainly know how to make me laugh. I got a few giggles out of this post. Your card turned out wonderful. I LOVE her little paper pieced outfit. So cute and I never would have thought to give her clothes. You are so creative! San would be a lucky lady to have someone like you, with your dedication, passion and commitment, on her team. Of course, I just may be a teeny weeny bit biased given how important you are to me but regardless it is still all true! Good luck and yes fingers and toes are most definitely crossed.

Hugs,
Lisa

Karen said...

My sweet and amazing friend, I am SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!! This card is bursting with love and joy and I am certain that danced right into her heart as she selected you! (I saw the title of your most recent post as I try to play catch up from being ill.) This image is precious and you've showcased her so beautifully. I love the added texture of the feather, flowers, and twine.. everything is just lovely. Wonderful work as always, my dear Naomi! :o)

Hugs and blessings!

Karen said...

(Me again! Sweet Naomi, can you shoot me an email at Heavenly Sparkles at yahoo dot com? Thank you!) Extra hugs for you! :o)

FOLD OVER BOX - Video Tutorial and Written Instructions

Hello! Today I am sharing with you how to make a "Fold Over Box",  a tutorial by Liz Walker Combine gift and card in o...

You may also like...