September 11, 2013

Sesame Street Characters made out of Punches

 Hello!!!
Today I am so excited to show you a project that my friend Kelly and I did together for our friend Nancy at work. Nancy is totally in love with elmo and seriously who wouldn't be?, he is so cute with that adorable voice...speaking of elmo's voice Kelly can mimic his voice like no other I know and I have it recorded!! hehe!!!  It is on my tablet and for some reason my tablet won't let me sign in to blogger, it keeps reloading , is anyone else having this problem? I want to sort it out before I go to Halifax so I can keep up with all of you.
 
  Here is my card made from punches!!!
 
 
To make these cute characters use:
 
1 1/2" Scallop Punch
1 1/4" circle punch  (cut in half for mouth)
 1/2" circle punch (Cookie)
5/16" circle punch (Elmo's nose)
Googly Eyes ( I used one big eye and one smaller eye on 2 of my characters to add character, hehe)
Skittles
Yellow/ White Cardstock for card base and 2" squares
Tan cardstock (for cookie)
Blue polkadot pattern paper
Black marker ( add eyebrows and dots on cookie)
 
Here is the inside , we made a mega elmo!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We brought the card to Nancy and the recording of Kelly's super cute Elmo voice and the reaction Nancy gave was worth every second we put into creating it, she adored it and was very touched and of course she laughed ... again who wouldn't????



Have a super day and get out those punches that have been sitting getting no use, I have become addicted!!
 



9 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Naomi my little one is blog hopping with me and says your card is super cute!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts School Projects

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I am having that problem on my phone ... I don't know what's going on!!

AND EEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee this!!! You do know I am the BIGGEST Elmo fan ever, right?!?!??!!?!? This is sooooooooooooooooooo cute!!!!

jessica said...

OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!!! What an adorable card with the CUTEST Sesame Characters EVER!!!!
Awesome job my friend!!

Lisa said...

Oh my good grief, you are so creative!! The little punch characters are perfect, Naomi!! They look just like the characters!! I love this!! I can't quit smiling!! Happy Wednesday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Karon said...

These are so cool - love the colours and the fact that it is made from punches - fabulous! TFS

Sherrie K. said...

Oh my goodness, these Sesame Street Characters are so darn cute! How fun to create them from punches! Love it!!
Sherrie K

Jennifer said...

Elmo is the MAN!!! lol Hugs, Jen xx
Krafty Keepsakes

Karen said...

Awww!!!! Oh gosh, Naomi, these are perfect!!! What a clever use of punches.. they look exactly like the characters. :o) This is sure to brighten everyone's day.. in person AND online. :o) Marvelous! **happy dances** Hehe. :o) Fantastic as always, my talented friend!

Hugs and blessings!

Iris said...

Adorable.

FOLD OVER BOX - Video Tutorial and Written Instructions

Hello! Today I am sharing with you how to make a "Fold Over Box",  a tutorial by Liz Walker Combine gift and card in o...

You may also like...